SETAC Europe Awards
SETAC strives to recognise and honour outstanding contributions of individuals or groups of individuals to the environmental sciences and to the Society by means the Awards Programme.
Young Scientist Award (YSA) for the Best Platform and Best Poster Presentation
The SETAC Europe Young Scientist Awards (YSA) include the best platform and the best poster award. The two Young Scientist Awards are intended to honour individual prominent performance in scientific work of a student OR a scientist within 3 years from BSc or MSc graduation, OR a PhD student.
The ECETOC Best Platform Award honours the early career scientist with the best platform presentation at the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting. The Best Poster Award honours the early career scientist with the best poster presentation at the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting.
Have a look at the past award winners.
- Submit an abstract by 27 November 2019 and indicate the participation in the YSA on your online abstract submission form*
- Complete and confirm your participation upon receipt of an email
- Register for the annual meeting by 4 March 2020
- Prepare your poster or platform and present it (Poster presenter should be at the poster during all breaks.)
- The winners will be announced at the closing ceremony
*To be considered you must be the first AND presenting author of the submitted paper. ONLY ONE YSA submission per person will be accepted, and participants need to attend the meeting. If you submit multiple abstracts for consideration for the YSA, your abstracts will not be taken into consideration for the YSA.
- Student (BSc, MSc or PhD) or early career scientist within 3 years from BSc or MSc graduation.*
- You must be the first AND presenting author of the submitted paper and register by 4 March 2020.
- ONLY ONE YSA submission per person will be accepted. If you submit multiple abstracts for consideration for the YSA, your abstracts will not be taken into consideration for the YSA.
*We will ask for a student proof or copy of the latest degree
The platform or poster presentation will be evaluated by senior scientists on the basis of originality of the approach; quality of the work (e.g. appropriate methodology, interpretation of results, conclusiveness); quality of the presentation (e.g. clarity, response to questions); and self-reliance and independence.
All participants will receive the scoring and comments after the annual meeting via email.
- a free registration to the next SETAC Annual Meeting.
- prize money made available by ECETOC and SETAC Europe
- invitation to the Presidents Reception at the next SETAC Europe Annual Meeting