Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts for platform and poster presentations in selected tracks and sessions. Authors are kindly requested to read the instructions BEFORE submitting an abstract.
Instructions for short abstracts (POSTER and PLATFORM presentation)
Only online submitted abstracts will be accepted. When submitting your abstract, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Abstract title: max 200 characters (including spaces), NOT in all caps;
- Abstract text: max 2500 characters (including spaces);
- Track and session: Please check the tracks and sessions and their description before submitting;
- (Co-)authors: name and affiliation;
- Keywords: max 4;
- Presentation preference: platform presentation or poster presentation. NOTES:
- Presenters submitting a paper for a platform presentation MUST also include an extended abstract attached to their submission (in addition to the short abstract). Only submissions including an extended abstract will be considered for a platform presentation, see instructions below. Presenters with a preference for poster presentation should not include an extended abstract.
- Authors are limited to giving ONE platform presentation. If you submit two abstracts for platform presentation as a presenting author, only the last one will be considered for review. There are no restrictions on poster presentations or co-authorship.
NOTE: By submitting your short abstract, you give SETAC permission to publish it in the abstract book that will be distributed at the meeting among all attendees.
Instructions for extended abstracts (additional requirement for PLATFORM presentation)
Presenters submitting a paper for a platform presentation MUST submit both a short abstract (see “instructions for short abstract” tab) and an extended abstract (max. 2 pages, including tables, figures and references). Platform applications without extended abstract will be automatically converted to poster preference.
NOTE: In case you are selected to give a platform presentation, your extended abstract will be available in the online meeting programme (open one month prior to the meeting), unless you indicate during the abstract submission NOT to publish the extended abstract. Extended abstracts are NOT published in any hard copy meeting materials.
To submit your abstract
- By submitting your abstract, you confirm having read and to agree with the instructions on short abstracts (poster and platform presentations) and extended abstracts (additional requirement for platform presentations).
- You must have a SETAC member account (paid) or SETAC non-member/guest account (free of charge):
Can’t remember your SETAC login credentials? Please contact Ann Goubert.
If you don’t have a SETAC member account neither a non-member/guest account, please create one here:
- Click here if you are affiliated in Africa, Europe, Russia or the Middle East
- Click here if you are affiliated in Latin or North America
- Click here if you are affiliated in Asia-Pacific
- Note that your username and (new) password will be active approximately two hours after creating/re-activating your account (members and non-members)
For any questions about SETAC accounts, please contact Ann Goubert.
- The presenting author must be registered for the meeting by 4 March 2020.
- Awards: if you are a junior scientist (MSc student or a scientist within 3 years from MSc graduation, or a PhD student), you can apply for the Young Scientist Awards. Only ONE presentation per author will be considered for the award. If more than one presentation is indicated, none of the presentations will be evaluated.
- Abstracts must not promote a commercial product, process, or service. The abstract should not have been previously published or presented. By submitting an abstract you are agreeing to abide by the SETAC meeting policies, especially the copyright and presenter responsibilities and recording and photographing policy, and the SETAC code of conduct.
- Please note that the fact that a session is included in the call for abstracts does not guarantee that this session will be programmed at the meeting. Depending on the number of abstracts received, the Scientific Committee will decide to accept, merge or cancel the session. In that case, the Scientific Committee will make suggestions to move your platform/poster abstract to another session.
- Presenting authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection of their abstract at the latest 24 January 2020.
- Note that acceptance of your abstract and invitation to present at the meeting does not include a free registration nor any other financial compensation. ALL presenters have to register and pay before 4 March 2020. Accepted abstracts from presenters not having registered by 4 March 2020 will be cancelled and excluded from the programme and abstract books.
Please do not hesitate to contact Roel Evens.